Indec’s knowledge and first-hand experience in rail operations and readiness was readily applied to the complex task of the Sydney Metro Northwest.
Indec was retained to refine the operational readiness plan for the commencement of full trial running and revenue services on the Sydney Metro Northwest – Australia’s first fully automated railway.
Indec provided independent review and development of:
- Major delays management and drill exercises
- Operational readiness of customer journey
- Coordination and operations control centre staff
- Stations and operations staff requirements for the commencement of revenue services and the deployment of on-train staff
- Depot train movement management position description and interface management
- Train operational performance and workforce planning status reports
- Sign-off of all operational procedural documentation
Acting on behalf of the CEO in the management of the Metro Trains Sydney staff and their engineering partners, Indec helped prepare and deliver, through Independent Certification processes, the delivery of the first revenue services.