As part of More Trains, More Services, the Digital Systems Program aims to increase the railway network capability by adopting modern signalling and train control technologies.
Indec project managed the implementation of automatic train protection technology on to the Waratah fleet through:
- Interfacing between the Digital Systems teams and the Waratah maintainer
- Managing the interfaces with operational and onboards teams
- Implementing changes to crew operating procedures
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory and safety standards
- Negotiating updates to the contractual agreements
An independent review of the program contract documents was also conducted and provided findings across areas including supplier interfaces, system architecture, external operator access, telecommunication network support and industrial relations.